Computer technology keeps changing. These sites can help keep you
aware of what is happening in the areas of hardware, software and the
Internet itself. Some offer aid in troubleshooting problems you may
encounter or suggestions as to how to maximize the benefits of the
- Lauren Johnson believes Alarms.org may be of help to those seeking information about enhancing your home with smart gadgets. Their beginners guide can be found here. Take a look.
Benton Foundation site offers a large selection on online tools
to help not for profits effectively use the Internet. While at their
site, be sure to check out the other resources they provide including
Virtual Library, Discussion Lists and Electronic News Services.
- HandsNet offers a
range of hand-on classes, strategic planning workshops and management
seminars to help in achieving effective integration of online
- nonprofit Tech provides a
large selection of tools and resources for use in troubleshooting
and more effectively using computer technology. They cover a broad
range of technology matters not just the Internet, but computers and
software as well
- TechSoup focuses on technology assistance for the small to
mid-sized nonprofit, particularly those for whom technology may not be their primary area of
expertise. They attempt to spell out the answers to complex technical questions in accessible and
sometimes saucy language. A panel of expert guides are available to answer daily questions posed by
users. Specific topic areas are provided with articles and links to help nonprofits quickly get the
technical information they need.
- Steven Smith has submitted E-Safety Tips For Parents: Internet Safety Facts For Kids To Follow - 2019 to help parents cope with e-safety and cyberbullying issues affecting their children.
- Billy has submitted Top 10 Cyber Security Threats - Is Your Business at Risk? which Walks the reader through the current cybersecurity threats that small business owners should be aware of. It discusses the dangers of social engineering attacks, data theft, and many other topics.
- Sandra Anders submitted A Life-Changing Parent's Guide For Their Kids Online Safety which was compiled by reaching out to 100+ professionals and asking them for advice on how parents can keep their kids safe online.
- Kevin offers How to Stay Secure on Public WiFi, an in depth resource on the topic of safely utilizing public wifi.
- Stacey Milbourne has submitted Powerful Guide to Internet Safety for a Non-Techie Parent to help parents keep their kids safe from digital threats and some tips for kids to be more cautious when they are online.
- Ali Jawad offers What's My IP Address Location which will show you just where your IP address points and information helpful to protecting you on the Internet.
- Dean Chester from CoolTechZone offers Internet Safety for Teens, Kids, and Students which he states is a full guide to internet safety for kids and students.
- James Herrin submits his Online privacy: myth or reality? guide to provide information relating to online privacy.
- Dean Chester has submitted Internet Safety for Teens, Kids, and Students to provide information to help keep kids and students safer on the Internet.
- Jess McGahn invites you to visit How To Disable SSID To Hide Wi-Fi Network provided by Ivacy, a VPN provide intimately familiar with the myriad of ways that people improperly utilize and operate wifi networks
- If you need help in connecting with people, Adrian suggests you check out ContactOut which is a simple browser extension that helps you find email addresses and phone numbers of anyone on LinkedIn. Occasional use is free and bulk rates are available.
- Saura Bala is concerned with internet security for her children. She wants to share A Guide to Protecting Children's Privacy Online with those who share her concern.
- Mike Howard submitted TOPVPNCANADA's CYBERSECURITY BLOG that
covers topics such as CyberSecurity Attacks, Preventing Identity Theft, Ultimate Guide and etc.
- Manish offers vpncrew.com for a free resource about privacy and various security related products, news etc.
- Jordan McKenna sent along this link as a resource for those interested in getting answers to questions involving setting up a web site and finding a hosting service - https://www.cloudwards.net/?s=web+hosting
- The following sites offer free and low cost web services to
qualifying non-profit groups.
- InterConnection's motto is
"Weaving a Web of Support Around the Globe". InterConnection is a pioneering,
nonprofit organization that donates Web sites, computers and provides Internet
training to organizations dedicated to benefiting the local community or
environment in developing countries. Not all sites may qualify for their services. Take
a look to see if yours does. They offer a variety of services beyond hosting.