Computer technology keeps changing. These sites can help keep you
aware of what is happening in the areas of hardware, software and the
Internet itself. Some offer aid in troubleshooting problems you may
encounter or suggestions as to how to maximize the benefits of the
- Lauren Johnson believes Alarms.org may be of help to those seeking information about enhancing your home with smart gadgets. Their beginners guide can be found here. Take a look.
Benton Foundation site offers a large selection on online tools
to help not for profits effectively use the Internet. While at their
site, be sure to check out the other resources they provide including
Virtual Library, Discussion Lists and Electronic News Services.
- nonprofit Tech provides a
large selection of tools and resources for use in troubleshooting
and more effectively using computer technology. They cover a broad
range of technology matters not just the Internet, but computers and
software as well
- TechSoup focuses on technology assistance for the small to
mid-sized nonprofit, particularly those for whom technology may not be their primary area of
expertise. They attempt to spell out the answers to complex technical questions in accessible and
sometimes saucy language. A panel of expert guides are available to answer daily questions posed by
users. Specific topic areas are provided with articles and links to help nonprofits quickly get the
technical information they need.
- Anil Parmar submitted How to Scale Your Business withWhite Label Local SEO for insights in how to improve your business internet marketing.
- Zane Robertson submitted Router-Network.com's Guide to Wi-Fi and Internet Safety an article about internet security that highlights several reasons why it's important to be careful with your personal information online and steps you can take to protect yourself and your family. The article also includes several more links to other resources to help protect kids from cyberbullying.
- Makenzie Pohl submitted TBH Meaning + Online Slang Parents Should Know as an aid to parents in understanding online slang and tips for keeping teens safe from cyber attacks and bullying.
- David Lukic submitted How to Protect Your Child from Identity Theft which includes information about how to protect your child's identity from criminals and how it is used for scams.
- Sarah Johnson submitted CYBERSECURITY RESOURCES FOR SMALL BUSINESSES as an aid to Small Business owners in dealing with the increasing need for cyber vigilance and security.
- Daniel Frazier submitted Simple Guide to Understanding IP Addresses for help in identifying your IP address and understanding it.
- Mari Williams submitted Every Parent's To-Do List to Protect Kids Online to help parents keep their children safe as they spend more and more time online.
- Heather Reiner submitted Internet Safety Guide For Seniors to assist seniors on how to safely and securely use the internet.
- Elsie submitted Back-to-school online safety: 11 tips for parents, no matter what the school year looks like which includes tips dealing with cameras, phishing emails and more to help keep students' devices secure.
- Erik Mitchell submitted the following to assist those concerned about Internet security:
- Ben Hartwig submitted Digital Citizenship Guide for Parents to help parents to raise children in a digital age and make them good digital citizens.
- John Gilmore submitted How to Change Spotify Username?, a guide for how too easily change your Spotify username.
- Blake Jones submitted A Guide to Public Wifi Security Risks & How to Use it Safely which offers in-depth information about how to safely use the Internet.
- Brett Campbell submitted Healthy Digital Citizens as a resource to help parents and educators talk to kids about topics like Internet Safety, Cyberbullying, and Screen Time.
- Jessica Baker submitted How to Stop Spam Emails and Save Your Inbox to help in protecting yourself against cyberattacks now and in the future.
- Josh Imhoff submitted Google for Nonprofits which s a quick guide on how to get your nonprofit registered for free access to Google for Nonprofits. Google for Nonprofits is a free program offered by Google that gives qualified nonprofits access to world-class Google software including Google drive, Gmail, Google Sheets, and Google Docs.
- Stacy Johnna submitted Online Safety Tips for Kids & Parents (Best Internet Privacy Guide 2020), an interactive guide of online safety tips for kids & parents.
- Matt Wattel has submitted How Much Privacy Do You Have Online?. The resource shares definitions on what classifies as privacy and personal information, ways to take charge of personal privacy online, and
information on digital privacy regulations for the future.
- Sam Chester has submitted:
- Social media safety rules for 2020 which tells about top social media threats in 2020. It also gives step-by-step tips on how to protect sensitive data on the most popular social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
- Internet Safety for Teens, Kids, and Students, an article that covers possible threats for children on the Internet and give practical tips for teachers and parents. The guide contains lots of proven statistics and useful infographics.
- Steven Smith has submitted E-Safety Tips For Parents: Internet Safety Facts For Kids To Follow - 2019 to help parents cope with e-safety and cyberbullying issues affecting their children.
- Billy has submitted Top 10 Cyber Security Threats - Is Your Business at Risk? which Walks the reader through the current cybersecurity threats that small business owners should be aware of. It discusses the dangers of social engineering attacks, data theft, and many other topics.
- Sandra Anders submitted A Life-Changing Parent's Guide For Their Kids Online Safety which was compiled by reaching out to 100+ professionals and asking them for advice on how parents can keep their kids safe online.
- Kevin offers How to Stay Secure on Public WiFi, an in depth resource on the topic of safely utilizing public wifi.
- Stacey Milbourne has submitted Powerful Guide to Internet Safety for a Non-Techie Parent to help parents keep their kids safe from digital threats and some tips for kids to be more cautious when they are online.
- Ali Jawad offers What's My IP Address Location which will show you just where your IP address points and information helpful to protecting you on the Internet.
- Dean Chester has submitted Internet Safety for Teens, Kids, and Students to provide information to help keep kids and students safer on the Internet.
- Jess McGahn invites you to visit How To Disable SSID To Hide Wi-Fi Network provided by Ivacy, a VPN provide intimately familiar with the myriad of ways that people improperly utilize and operate wifi networks
- If you need help in connecting with people, Adrian suggests you check out ContactOut which is a simple browser extension that helps you find email addresses and phone numbers of anyone on LinkedIn. Occasional use is free and bulk rates are available.
- Saura Bala is concerned with internet security for her children. She wants to share A Guide to Protecting Children's Privacy Online with those who share her concern.
- Mike Howard submitted TOPVPNCANADA's CYBERSECURITY BLOG that
covers topics such as CyberSecurity Attacks, Preventing Identity Theft, Ultimate Guide and etc.
- Manish offers vpncrew.com for a free resource about privacy and various security related products, news etc.
- Jordan McKenna sent along this link as a resource for those interested in getting answers to questions involving setting up a web site and finding a hosting service - https://www.cloudwards.net/?s=web+hosting
- The following sites offer free and low cost web services to qualifying non-profit groups.
- InterConnection's motto is
"Weaving a Web of Support Around the Globe". InterConnection is a pioneering,
nonprofit organization that donates Web sites, computers and provides Internet
training to organizations dedicated to benefiting the local community or
environment in developing countries. Not all sites may qualify for their services. Take
a look to see if yours does. They offer a variety of services beyond hosting.